Read these fifteen statements about bears and decide if they are TRUE or FALSE. Answers are at the bottom of the page (don’t peek!)
01. When a bear stands up it is going to charge.
02. All black bears are black.
03. A bear’s sense of smell is better than a dog’s.
04. Bears can’t climb trees.
05. A bear can run faster than you.
06. When hiking in bear country it is good to make noise.
07. Black bears are normally vicious and aggressive.
08. During hibernation, a bear does not eat, drink, defecate or urinate.
09. A newborn cub is about the size of a newborn human.
10. Bears mate for life.
11. Bears always make dens in caves.
12. Bears, like dogs and cats, have 4 toes on each foot.
13. People should never feed bears.
14. Bear cubs do not make good pets.
15. Bears eat lots of meat.
[#3,5,6,8, 13, 14 are TRUE. All other statements are FALSE.]